Please ensure you include your name you wish to see on your certificate, your correct email address, the provision you work for and that you are aware who your Designated Safeguarding Lead is within the provision you work for.
If you need to cancel please ensure you do this via the ticket sale process.
PLEASE ONLY USE YOUR WORK EMAIL ADDRESS - NOT YOUR PERSONAL EMAIL - WE NEED TO SEE THE PROVISION YOU WORK FOR.
OUR SAFEGUARDING AND PREVENT TRAINING IS FOR ALTERNATIVE EDUCATION PROVIDERS, THEIR STAFF, VOLUNTEERS WHO WORK WITH AEP STUDENTS ACROSS CAMBRIDGESHIRE AND PETERBOROUGH SCHOOLS.
- Wednesday 14th February 2024 - New Attendee Safeguarding & Prevent Training - 9.30am - 2pm
- Wednesday 6th March 2024 - Refresher Safeguarding & Prevent Training - Evening 4pm - 6pm
- Wednesday 17th April 2024 - New Attendee Safeguarding & Prevent Training - 9.30am - 2pm
- Thursday 23rd May 2024 - New Attendee Safeguarding & Prevent Training - 9.30am - 2pm
- Monday 8th July 2024 - Basic Safeguarding & Prevent Training - Evening 5pm - 8pm
Designated Safeguarding Lead/Deputy Lead Training for Alternative Education Providers
This one day course is recommended by the Local Authority for new Designated Safeguarding Leads in Alternative Provisions. It equips participants, who have not previously been trained in Cambridgeshire or Peterborough, to take on the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead/Deputy Lead as outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education. The course will highlight good practice in child protection and safeguarding issues and the knowledge and skills required to undertake the role.
You will be competent to practice for two years from the time the course is completed. A time-limited certificate will be issued upon the successful completion of the course. You will be required to update your skills and knowledge every two years after that.
Aims and outcomes:
- To understand your role as a Designated Safeguarding Lead, share best practice and develop confidence in managing child protection and safeguarding issues in your organisation and alongside schools.
- Understand the legal framework for child protection work
- Know how to produce and manage safeguarding records
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of partner agencies and the role of the DSL
- Understand how to work effectively with other agencies and the inter-agency procedures
- Provide your staff with the information they will need
Sam Abbs, Education Safeguarding Adviser
|17th May 2024
|Book a place here
£80 per person
To book a place please click on the relevant link above and complete the form.
DESIGNATED SAFEGUARDING LEAD TRAINING
- Wednesday 3rd July 2024 - Refresher Designated Safeguarding Lead Training - 9.30am - 3.30pm - £40. Click link below to book:
Provider Initial Enquiry
Providers who are interested in being added to the Cambridgeshire County Council Alternative Education Provision Directory should submit the Initial Enquiry form below: