We are proud of our ECT Induction Service which provides comprehensive and high quality professional guidance, training and support for every stage of the induction process.
Our service includes:
- specialist advisers and administrative staff who are experienced in advising on all matters relating to ECT induction
- contextual knowledge and liaison with key professionals including regional representatives from Professional Associations
- in-depth knowledge of the national agenda and induction regulations
- dedicated and personalised support for all ECT enquiries
- additional support and interventions where ECTs and schools experience difficulties
- rigorous monitoring to ensure parity across schools
- a Welcome Day Conference for all ECTs starting their career in Peterborough
- training for Induction Tutors / Leaders
- termly network meetings for ECTs
- termly surgeries for Induction Tutors / Leaders
- CPD for ECTs via the LA CPD Booklet
The service is underpinned by our drive to recruit and retain the best teachers within the teaching profession in the City Of Peterborough. We ensure compliance of the statutory regulations so all ECTs receive a personalised programme of support giving them the very best start to their teaching career.
ECTs, Induction Tutors and Head teachers are supported from the very beginning of the induction process, through to final assessment and certification from the TRA. This specialist service offers an objective ECT induction system, ensuring consistency and parity across schools and academies.
Schools registering their ECTs with us receive:
- administrative services for registration, monitoring and assessments including returns to the Teaching Regulation Agency (TRA)
- access to a secure online system (ECT Manager) for Head teachers, Induction Leaders, Induction Tutors and ECTs
- an induction handbook for all ECTs detailing the most up to date guidance on the induction process
- an induction handbook for all Induction Tutors detailing the most up to date guidance on the induction process
- telephone, email, and face-to-face advice, support and guidance for Head teachers, Induction Leaders, Induction Tutors and ECTs
- advice, support and guidance where ECTs experience difficulties and are assessed at a D/E grade (this includes any necessary monitoring, additional intervention and formal meetings with representatives from Professional Associations)
- quality assurance to ensure consistency across schools
- fidelity checking of the Core and School-based ECF programmes (please note additional charges may apply)
£55 per ECT for each term of induction
Discounts are available for multiple NQTs from the same school.
For further details please contact,
ECT Induction Manager
Tel: 01733 863718 / 07920 160289
Tel: 01733 863631