The Primary School Improvement Offer provides opportunity for Local Authority Maintained Schools or Academies to buy in to a range of high quality support which can be tailored to meet the needs of each individual school.
The Primary Offer Leaflet can be accessed at the bottom of the page, which includes details of costs for each package. You can also find an overview of the support available from the School Improvement Service under each heading.
- Named Adviser
- On-going support by phone and email as required
- Schools Update
- Support for OfSTED – SIA attending feedback meeting and / or phone contact with inspector (LA Maintained schools)
- Invitation to HT Briefing Updates
- Offer of Peterborough School Improvement Packages (charged – see package costs below)
- Offer of Peterborough CPD package offer (charged –see CPD booklet)
- Offer to join “Opening Worlds Curriculum Project” led by Christine Counsel / Steve Mastin in collaboration with Haringey Education Partnership -(Charged – but with a proportion of the costs for LA maintained schools met by the Local Authority)
- CPD offer from Governor Services (charged)
- Joint work between the School Improvement Team and Governor Services where this will help to hasten the pace of school improvement (LA Maintained)
Basic Offer plus
3 x ½ day school visits from the School Improvement Adviser linked to the school – one visit (usually Autumn): to review SDP priorities, 2022 targets, School Self-Evaluation Summary including curriculum strengths and areas for development + 2 focused visits from the named SIA to be agreed with the Headteacher.
Basic Offer plus
- 6 x ½ day school visits, at least 3 of which are from the School Improvement Adviser linked to the school – one visit (usually Autumn) to review: SDP priorities, 2022 targets, School Self-Evaluation Summary including curriculum strengths and areas for development. The focus of the additional 3 x ½ day visits will be agreed with the school and could include support from other members of the SIA team.
All schools can access the enhanced offer to support their improvement at the charges indicated.
Engagement with the enhanced offer will be a requirement of all LA maintained schools recently judged to be RI by Ofsted, or considered by the Local Authority to be at risk of RI (LA Priority schools).
LA Maintained schools with a Headteacher new to Headship are also advised to engage with the enhanced offer
Headteacher Performance Management support for Governors is also available at an additional cost –priority will be given to LA maintained schools in the first instance.
HTPM 1 – Autumn-term review with governors
HTPM 2 – Autumn-term review with governors and attendance at mid-year review.
HTPM 3 – Autumn-term review with governors, attendance at mid-year review, plus one bespoke half-day SIA visit linked to the HT PM objectives.
Access to the following subject leader network meetings:
- English subject leaders (3 x half day for up to 2 delegates)
- Mathematics subject leaders (3 x half day for up to 2 delegates)
- Early Years leaders (3 x half day for up to 2 delegates)
Access to the following:
- Phonics Leadership Network Meetings x 4 (targeted and all schools)
- Refresher Phonics CPD – 1 free place
In-school Phonics Support (additional cost)
For further information including the cost of the above packages - please see below.
For further information or to buy any of the packages above, please email email@example.com