Building owners and occupiers, including schools and settings, have a statutory duty to manage the risks to their employees and other users of their sites and buildings from fire and the effects of fire. Cambridgeshire County Council’s Occupational Health and Safety Team’s fire safety service has been designed to enable schools to be confident that they are operating in compliance with Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and associated Good Practice Guides.
We can help by:
- Undertaking and reviewing fire risk assessments
- Working with partners and key stakeholders to develop fire safety solutions
- Designing and delivering fire safety training, including providing "competent person" fire safety advice and guidance across a range of issues
- Investigating fire incidents
- Liaising with statutory / enforcement agencies
- Provision of school-specific fire safety policy and guidance documents and a site fire safety log book.