Safe Practice in Physical Education, School Sport and Physical Activity
Cambridgeshire County Council is committed to supporting schools and settings in providing a safe and secure experience of Physical Education for teachers and pupils.
We believe that all schools should:-
- have a sound understanding of H & S principles in relation to planning and monitoring PE and School Sport
- have confidence in teaching through the application of key H & S principles
- have the capacity to develop and critically assess the policies and procedures used in the schools in which you work.
- enable pupils to recognise how they also play a part in taking responsibility for their own safety
- be able to apply safety principles to practical activities and undertake on-going dynamic risk assessment
- have the tools to risk assess all aspects of PE and sport in your school