The team is led by Emma Fuller, who is supported by Gary Casey, Tracey Sandhu, Tom Oakley and Becky Moseley. Gary and Tracey are able to lead training focused on intervention programmes, linked with Edge Hill University. Emma is an accredited Numicon trainer and can lead sessions on how to support children with Numicon.
The team is able to work with teachers and school leaders, particularly promoting the role of subject leaders, providing both support and challenge whilst driving improvements across the school in a range of ways including:
- Support subject leaders to evaluate and develop teaching and learning of mathematics; lead CPD training
- Developing teaching and learning through: planning support, model or team teaching, evaluating and developing assessments, pupil diagnostics
- Support SENCo/ inclusion managers to identify barriers using data and consider additional provision and /or interventions to secure progress of pupils with specific needs
- Working with governors to support knowledge of expectations and help identify strengths and challenges in the provision and data for mathematics
During a visit it would be possible for the Maths Adviser to undertake identified activities, to ensure the development of the school’s identified areas for action.
Other services the team can provide include:
- Staff meetings
- Number Talks
- Work scrutiny
- Intervention support
- Provide training on Edgehill intervention programmes
- Closing the gap and effective use of pupil premium support
- Data analysis
- Diagnostic work with groups or individuals
- Cluster working
- Easter schools
- Parents' workshops
- Moderation of teacher assessment
Join the Cambridgeshire Maths Team on Knowledge Hub to access up to date information and download free resources - https://khub.net/group/cambridgeshire-maths-team
Standard Rate of £100 per hour or £480 a day (up to 5 hours). Other services are charged individually to include materials.
Special Offer - 5 days of support for £2000 if agreed in advance.
Emma Fuller - Lead English and Maths Adviser