The Maths Team is able to provide training to teachers and teaching assistants on a number of research-based interventions.
Each of the courses include interactive and easily adaptable session plans, extensive ready-made resources that are organised topic by topic, online guidance and downloadable resources. Courses include sessions for teachers and teaching assistants.
All of the following small-group interventions have been designed by Every Child Counts for Edge Hill University:
- Becoming First Class @ Number - for children, usually in Year 1, who need further support to secure the Early Learning Goal for Number.
- First Class @ Number 1 - for children, usually in Year 2, who need further support at the level of the Year 1 curriculum.
- First Class @ Number 1: Games @ Home - helps schools to enhance or develop their approach to parental and carer engagement in their child’s mathematical learning. The games are set around the level of the Year 1 curriculum. They will support children who need additional numeracy practice, including children who have recently taken part in the 1stClass@Number 1 programme.
- First Class @ Number 2 - for children, usually in Year 3, who need further support at the level of the Year 2 curriculum.
- Success @ Arithmetic Number Sense - for children, usually in Years 3 to 5, who need support to understand the number system and develop fluency with number facts. It helps them to make faster progress and to catch up with their peers through a mastery approach.
- Success @ Arithmetic Calculation - It is for children, usually in Years 5 to 8, who need support to understand and develop fluency with formal written methods.