The team is led by Emma Fuller, who is supported by Anna Walker, Katie Morlidge, Kathryn Brereton, Kerrie Butler and Jane McLeod. Jane is an accredited Reading Recovery Teacher Leader; and Jane and Katie are able to lead a wide range of training focused on Intervention Programmes, linked with the UCL Institute of Education and Edge Hill University.
The team is able to work with teachers and school leaders, particularly promoting the role of subject leaders, providing both support and challenge whilst driving improvements across the school in a range of ways including:
- Support English leaders to develop and evaluate the curriculum, policies and action plans, lead CPD
- Developing teaching and learning through: planning support, model or team teaching, evaluating and developing assessments, pupil diagnostics
- Support SENCo/ inclusion managers to identify barriers using data and consider additional provision and /or interventions to secure progress of pupils with specific needs
- Working with governors to support knowledge of expectations and help identify strengths and challenges in the provision and data for English
During a visit it would be possible for the English Adviser to undertake identified activities, providing both support and challenge which are integral to ensuring the development of the school’s identified areas for action.
Other services the team can provide include:
- Staff meetings
- Phonics audits
- Intervention support
- Provide training on Edgehill intervention programmes
- Closing the gap and effective use of pupil premium support
- Diagnostic work with groups or individuals
- Inference training
- Book Banding
- Cluster working
- Easter schools
- Moderation preparation
- Workshops for parents
Join the Cambridgeshire English Team on Knowledge Hub to access up to date information and download free resources https://khub.net/group/cambridgeshire-english-team
Standard Rate of £100 per hour or £480 a day (up to 5 hours). Other services are charged individually to include materials.
Special Offer - 5 days of support for £2000 if agreed in advance.
Emma Fuller - Lead English and Maths Adviser