In-School Support is provided by In-School Support Teachers (ISST) and/or Student Support Officers and Instructors.
Services and Charges:
Work with young people in school can include the following elements:
- Direct work with pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties management
- Supporting the creation of pastoral support plans (PSPs) – with targets and actions for the young person, school and parents
- Running INSET courses and providing advice to support good practice by schools in terms of behaviour-management
- Primary to secondary transitions work
- Group work, for example, social skills, dealing with emotions, confidence building
- Behaviour audits
- Work with alternative education providers and around managed moves and re-integration
We can also offer advice and guidance to schools on:
- The development of inclusion strategies for KS3 students.
- Permanent exclusions to ensure that schools have met all the legal requirements and made all appropriate efforts to keep the child in mainstream school
This service is fully funded.