Physical Activity Matters at Home
Originally designed as a 'companion pack’ to Physical Activity Matters, Physical Activity Matters at Home is to be given to parents to extend and enhance the work done in settings and schools to promote healthy and active living. These packs can also be used as a stand-alone resource for parents.
Colourful activity cards
This colourful pack uses the same lively colours as Physical Activity Matters throughout and consists of:
Set of 30 double-sided 'activity cards’ in two 'swatches’: 'huff and puff challenge’ activities and 'everyday movement’ activities.
- Each card describes an activity for the parent to do with their child and has a colourful illustration on the reverse
- Each 'swatch’ of cards includes two blank cards for parents to write their child’s favourite activities on.
16-page, A5-sized booklet contents:
- Guidance for parents on the importance of giving children a 'healthy start’,
- Guidance and tips on how to do the activities on the cards,
- Guidance on a balanced diet for children aged two years and upwards.
“Being active should be encouraged from birth. Before your baby begins to crawl, encourage them to be physically active by reaching and grasping, pulling and pushing, and moving their head, body and limbs during daily routines, and during supervised floor play, including tummy time.
Children who can walk on their own should be physically active every day for at least 180 minutes (3 hours), spread throughout the day, indoors or out.”
For any enquiries please contact:
Telephone: 01223 706133