Learning outside the Classroom
Cambridgeshire Forest School Vision
Since late 2016, local authority officers from the Early Years and Outdoor Education Services have been working together to consider how to support settings and schools to implement regular Forest School sessions for their children.
We would like Forest Schools to be available for all children and young people to enhance the curriculum, accelerate achievement and bring learning to life. The Forest School ethos provides children and young people with a sense of responsibility as they explore, make discoveries and investigate new mysteries.
Available across Cambridgeshire and the East of England, Forest School sessions will support cross-curricular learning and help develop essential skills that are often transferred back into the classroom. Those taking part in sessions often see an increase in confidence, resilience, motivation, social skills, problem solving and the promotion of independent learning.
A vast woodland is not required! Grounds and natural spaces are utilised to connect children with their local environment.
To hear more about future Forest School professional development events, including conferences and network evenings, please contact us and we will add you to our mailing list.
Services and Charges
Support packages available for schools and early years settings:
- Support to begin your Forest School journey, e.g. identifying a suitable woodland/wild space, starting your action plan, developing risk benefit assessments
- Reflection on current Forest School practice to further develop quality
- Bespoke team training to develop Forest School knowledge and skills
- Our annual Forest School Conference 2018 will be held on Saturday 28 April 2018 at Grafham Water Centre.
- Forest School Network evenings each term to share good practice. Dates and venues to be confirmed.
- Forest School Conference 2017 was held at Grafham Water on Saturday 18 March.
For a full list of the products and service we offer, and a list of prices please contact the Early Years Service.