During the coronavirus outbreak, the situation will be changing rapidly, both nationally and locally.*
This page will be used to hold all the latest guidance and advice for settings, including:
- Revised FAQ's with updated safeguarding advice
- Information about EYC funding arrangements
- Guidance on other matters
- DfE guidance on setting closures (updated 22 September 2020)
- COVID-related information sent out via eycinfo & EarlyYears.Service@cambridgeshire.gov.uk
Click here to read this term's Jigsaw magazine for further early years and childcare provider news, and sector developments.
*Please keep the local authority informed of your current situation each month of your status (open or closed) and your numbers of children using the updated webform. If nothing has changed, you can simply reconfirm your information.
Please continue to be vigilant as COVID-19 case numbers continue to rise locally and nationally. Some key considerations are:
- Continue with enhanced cleaning measures, especially regular cleaning of high touchpoint areas & robust deep cleaning (& fogging if possible) of spaces inhabited by positive cases, including those who are asymptomatic.
- Continue to promote good hand hygiene measures, hand sanitiser, and clear visible signage, especially in shared spaces i.e. staff toilets.
- Review ventilation measures regularly.
- In the absence of an effective test and trace process, where there is more than one case in a group, we would suggest you recommend to parents to seek a PCR test for their child as a close contact. This has to be booked online. The child can continue to attend whilst the test result is received.
- Remind parents of the importance of going for a PCR test if a child is symptomatic and do not rely on a negative LFD test, which are only to be used as part of asymptomatic screening and for children over 11 years old. In outbreak incidents, you can encourage parents to be cautious and arrange for a PCR test for children with atypical symptoms e.g. cold/flu-like symptoms if they shared a room with someone who has tested positive.
We are aware of the impact Covid-19 is having on staffing and the challenges this is creating in some settings. It is therefore important as a responsible employer that steps are taken to protect your staff:
- Promote and encourage vaccination within your staff – where possible try to obtain the vaccination status of your workforce (this would be on a voluntary basis).
- If there are positive cases within the setting you may want to consider re-introducing remote staff meetings and restricting opportunities for staff to mingle.
- Ensure risk assessments are in place for any staff member who was previously considered CEV or identify themselves as vulnerable and that these are reviewed as required.
- Pregnant staff members in their third trimester (>28 weeks):
- Healthy and vaccinated – continue working in line with their maternity risk assessment
- Healthy and unvaccinated – promote and encourage vaccination. Resources to support you in having these conversations can be found via the links below:
- Additional risk factors (vaccinated & unvaccinated) – working arrangements determined upon recommendations from their clinical health professional
- COVID-19 Cambridgeshire provider update - Key pieces of information from DfE, and updated documentation. - 30 November
- Early Years COVID-19 Update - Latest Position on COVID-19, Support Pack, Event Guidance, and Briefing video. - 17 November
- DfE Attendance Data Collection - Autumn 2021 - Reminder of monthly DfE data collection survey. - 4 November
- COVID-19 Enhanced Response Area (ERA) - Online briefing session to hear the latest information from Jonathan Lewis, Service Director for Education. - 3 November
- Provider update - 19 October - Key considerations/reminders – COVID-19 Measures. - 19 October
- Early Years and Childcare Workforce Survey - Autumn 2021 recruitment and retention survey. - 11 October
- RE: EYC Provider procurement survey - Reminder to complete the EYC proposed provider framework expression of interest survey.
- COVID Update for Cambridgeshire EYC Providers - Positive COVID-19 cases in Early Years Settings - 7 October
- Early Years Attendance Data Collection - Reminder of monthly DfE data collection survey. - 6 October
- EYC Provider procurement survey - Invite to complete the EYC proposed provider framework expression of interest survey. - 17 September
- Revised COVID-19 Support Guidance - Adapted processes for reporting positive cases in line with the changes to contact tracing and isolation requirements. - 1 September
- New COVID-19 support guidance - The Test and Trace guidance has been replaced with the COVID-19 Support Pack for Early Years and Childcare Providers. - 16 August
- Sector COVID-19 Briefing: 19 August 2021 - Sector invite to a Covid briefing session on Thursday 19 August 2021. - 10 August
- Covid update - General Public Health measures. - 9 August
- Covid update - Covid and Public Health information. - 5 August
- August 4th Provider update - New PVI Quality Framework, Provider membership discounts, Weekly data return, and Healthy Child Review. - 4 August
- July 26th Provider update - Test and Trace Guidance / amended Risk Assessment template, and Ofsted update. - 26 July